Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Quick Tips: Handling Grief

Today is National Grief Day, and author and speaker Janet Perez Eckles shares how she overcame grief.

Dealing with Grief
Not my Joe,” I repeated over and over again. My 19-year-old son’s tragic death shattered my world. I didn’t think my heart could stop bleeding from the sorrow. And when gloom hovered during my sleepless nights, God’s voice whispered to my soul. With gentleness, He guided me through the steps to conquer grief:
·       He said He could hear my sobs and count my tears because He promised to be close to the broken hearted. (Psalm 34:18).
·       When family and friends couldn’t provide what I needed, God’s help would be constant, reliable and ever-present. (Psalm 46:1)
·       When I longed to have those days back when my son was alive, God reminded me not to look at yesterday, but to gaze ahead because He was making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland of my pain.(Isaiah 43:18)
·       When I was too weak to keep going and I needed protection from my own negative emotions, He promised to be my shield and strength. (Psalm 28:7)
   Sorrow then turned to gratitude for my Savior who saved me from the gloom of grief and turned it into His abundant grace instead.


Janet, originally from Bolivia, is an author, International speaker, radio host and personal success coach. She lost her sight at age 31 and suffered the loss of her youngest son who was murdered. Yet Janet's messages are filled with hope. You can connect with Janet on her website or hear some of her story HERE.


Janet has authored four books:





You also might want to check out these other quick tips:
Sister Day
Make a Difference in the Life of a Child
Preparing a Child's Heart for Easter
Showing Kindness Every Day
Fresh Starts
Keeping Your Mind Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment