Life Coach and International Speaker Anita Agers-Brooks is the author of many books including Getting Through What You Can't Get Over -- Barbour Publishing and First Hired, Last Fired -- How to Become Irreplaceable in Any Job Market -- Leafwood Publishers. Here are her insights on beating the winter blues.
Beating the Winter Blues
You can get through things you’ll never get over, even during the most depressing month of the year. In January, when Christmas bills are flooding in, when cold and flu season peaks, when the sun hides behind dingy clouds, when cabin fever makes you want to escape, depression runs high. This year, refuse to let the winter blues beat you down.
Here are some things to try.
- Set one tiny goal, and accomplish it.
- Write your gratitude down.
- Schedule one thing you can look forward to within the next 30 days.
- Eat natural anti-depressants: cashews, walnuts, bananas, green chile, sweet potatoes, citrus fruit, tomatoes, Chia seeds, and omega-3 rich fish.
- Go to bed at a proper hour.
- Get moving.
- Read the Bible daily.
- Meditate on one scripture.
- Give God fifteen minutes of focused prayer.
You can connect with Anita on her website
or her author page
Have you battled the winter blues or depression? What helped you? Please leave a comment.