Saturday, August 27, 2016

Using Books for Therapy


Using books for therapy. This is a topic I've been interested in for a long time. I took children's literature in college and fell in love with a lot of books. My master's degree is in elementary ed with a reading specialty. Unfortunately it was during the time that the Whole Language Approach was being used. Never ever agreed with it, but it's what I was forced to use. Reading is important. Children that can't read well don't enjoy reading books for pleasure. And reading books for pleasure can also help heal a lot of hurts. I am going to be doing some researching and writing about this topic.

Have any books been helpful in meeting a need or healing a hurt for one of your children--or even yourself? If so, please share in the comments section. You can post anonymously if you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment