Saturday, June 25, 2016

Four Generations

I never thought I'd be part of a four generation picture.

My mom was born with a kidney disease that was so rare at the time that it didn't have a name. She was told she might not live far into her adult years. 

It's now called Medullary Sponge Kidney. She also has Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) (which she passed to me along with IC).

In her adult years, her doctor told her she wouldn't live past 70. He's passed away, and she turned 84 in January. 

She had me at age 30. I am the youngest, but the only one with children. I had Tyler at 28 and Jessica at 29. Jessica had River at 24. So no young grandmothers in our family.

All that to say, none of us thought my mom would live to see great grandchildren. While we don't have any award winning photos, we do have some typical ones.










And take two:






And I have some of my mom with River:



And Rick's parents with River:



I want to get a couple of 8x10s for wall. Which ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment